Building bridges between high school, college, and beyond
Atlantic Impact helps students achieve their Academic, Economic, and Professional Goals.
Through field trips and experiential learning programs we:
- Prepare students for the future learning
- Increase critical thinking skills
- Increase students’ skills in observation
- Increase knowledge gained and retained
We also build outcomes through engaging students on the following themes:
- Personal Responsibility
- Community Engagement
- Encouragement and Motivation
- Learning about the Community
- Balancing School
- Current Stressors
Our students say…
“I learned how to communicate well with others and how to express myself.”
“I’m able to do things that I hadn’t done before.”
Our Indicators of Success:
- Students feel connected to Atlantic Impact
- Students feel supported in achieving throughout high school
- Students feel supported on their journeys toward post-secondary education
- Students have learned about their culture and history through participation in Atlantic Impact.
Learning on and from a field trip, hence, is no longer seen as simply an extension or improvement of classroom teaching, but as a valuable supplement and addition to classroom instruction, as well as an excellent way to prepare students for future learning.
These statistics look broadly at the positive influences our programming has on student participants and their readiness for the future.
of students think more about their futures
feel more prepared for college
find they have many commonalities with people from different backgrounds
feel they can be a leader despite challenging circumstances